Thursday 23 June 2011

I am I....

(Henoke Y.)

Some say, you are you
Only when nature wants you.....
But If I am not me…
I will be  the loud gong of  cymbal…
And the sounding brass….
And if I am not me….
I will only speak in the tongues of men and angels…
And give prophecy…..
While smoothness will be my legacy.
But I am I….and still me…
While the cumulus darkened the sky....
I am I…
while fear indorsed in the hearts of the great men and make them shy
I am I....
 And It was me...
Dark it is the sky…
Who came out to enjoy the bright star... with a delightful sigh...
It is me….
When hopelessness reflected its grim faces
 I  looked at the bright side of the grayness....
And still me….
Who is looking at the future with hope
and the present with courage
While condemning the past.....
which is void of my seniors rage.

And still me….
Who wants to spin the arrow…
 squeeze my anger  and meet the  bone marrow
I is I and me is me….
Still me…
Like Homer in Iliad…
“the old soldier spurring his men with skill”
“Only a few fighters had his years…”
and him in me….
Will not be treated as a coward….
And my death is grace….
And his reward….
Him in me….
I can smell mount Meqdella …
The ranges of rage from Tewodros to Allula….


They in me….rifted and drafted
They in my veins….with the pain of history plotted.


And still me….
Terrified not by death…
For bullet can rest my body not even my grace.

Might is my anger Like Achilles….
Mightiest is my heart like Tewodros.

It is me….who believes…
Only by escaping fear that one can escape…
The chain of slavery….
 And It is only through love….
That one can be a clanging cymbal but love.
Still me…
With heart as firm as the Apollo’s face
And  territories as his stretched as his bow in his firm gripping …

And still me…
Who wants to live the Immortality of Ras Gobena….
And still me….who believes in the  history of the great men’s of Ethiopia.

And still me…
Who can reach home alive…
Dead I am but still revive…
And that is me…one thing more….
A shattering cry across my face….
Only when I made them kneel down for my history’s grace…
And one thing more ….tears in my eyes….
For I know that, that time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment